This morning we deployed two fixes:
1) If you ever added a photo or other file to a web page and clicked on "browse server", you might have noticed that the files displayed seemed random. This problem has been corrected so that only files uploaded by a member of your troop will appear there.
2) AHG troops using the "Record Individual Progress" workflow for a Patriot were not shown a full list of awards. This has been fixed.
Have a great weekend!
This evening we released the new BSA Rank Requirements for all BSA units. We did not automatically upgrade un-started ranks for you since there is some leeway, at least for this year, in how those are applied. Instead, we gave you some easy to use tools for upgrading to the new ranks:
1) Everywhere we display ranks we now also display the version of the rank (2015 vs 2016).
2) When you review ranks for an individual scout there is an "upgrade rank" button you can use to switch to the new requirements. This button will only appear if the rank is currently un-started and using the 2015 requirements.
3) When you record progress for ranks in bulk you can choose between the 2015 and 2016 ranks.
4) Want to upgrade a lot of ranks at once? Just go to Achieve -> Upgrade Ranks for 2016 and use our easy upgrade tool to get it done.
Happy New Year!
We've been having trouble with our mailing list server - Quick Messages have been working fine, but emails sent from your email client were not being delivered. We have just released a fix for this problem.
Thanks to everyone who reported this problem.
We released three changes this morning, and one of them is important if you've ever tried uploading photos from an iOS device on the web site.
1) There was a typo in the subject of the TroopTrack Developer Program welcome email. Instead of welcoming you to the developer program, it welcomed you to the AHG Admin Portal. Sheesh.
Speaking of the developer program, here's a little teaser of things to come. We get a lot of requests from people to be able to download all their photo albums from TroopTrack at once. We are working on a desktop product that will do that. It will work on OS X, Windows, and Linux, and best of all... it will be open source software and will leverage the TroopTrack platform API.
2) If you uploaded multiple photos from an iOS device at the same time (i.e. 5), instead of getting five photos in your TroopTrack album you would get 5 copies of the first photo you uploaded. This is now fixed. Yay!
3) We added a note to the subscription receipts page about PayPal subscriptions, clarifying that PayPal receipts are only available on PayPal.com.
It's Christmas Eve! Have a wonderful day!
There's a bunch of new stuff going live sometime this morning:
1) Need a detailed receipt for your subscription so you can get reimbursed? It's now available on Manage -> Settings -> TroopTrack Subscription. See the screenshots I've attached.
2) When a user looks at money accounts they have access to, it used to show the total balance of ALL money accounts at the top. We've fixed this so that it only shows the total balance of accounts they have access to.
3) Awards are now sorted by award name, then last name of the recipient on the award ceremony agenda (Achieve -> Print Agenda by Patrol).
4) If you use the "Copy parents on all emails setting" and you had a deactivated adult in a household, they were getting copied on emails to youth in the household. We have fixed this so that only active adults will receive emails.
5) Have you ever wanted to know which users only have household access levels or can edit achievements? Now you can look at privileges and access levels across all your members and filter them by access level and privileges. Just go to Manage -> Members -> Privileges to try it out. See the screenshot below.
6) Have you ever wanted to add photo upload privileges to everyone or done some other mass update of privileges? You can do that now too. Just go to Manage -> Members -> Privileges then click on "Add Privileges". See the screenshot below.
Last week we had a nice conversation on Facebook about the way we display rank information & merit badges. I've started working on this but it's not ready to release yet. We'll keep you posted.
Also, you might notice that we have a check all box by each patrol on the new bulk privileges page. We have a number of places in TroopTrack where we don't have this feature but should. We are working on this and you should see more check all capabilities throughout TroopTrack. If you have a place where you want this real bad, just open a help desk ticket and let us know.
We released a couple of changes this morning:
1) A member's cell phone carrier, which is required if you want to be able to send text messages, is now editable from the user profile. It was always editable from Communicate -> Text Message Settings, but a user pointed out that it should be on the profile as well. So we added it.
2) Some awards with multiple levels of requirements were not being completed properly when you selected the "all requirements completed" option when using Achieve -> Record Progress (bulk). It was only completing the first level of requirements with no sub-requirements. This behavior has been fixed and it will now update ALL requirements, regardless of how many levels of requirements there are.
3) Mike Rolefson, a TroopTrack user, posted an idea, and I want to re-post it here because I really like it. He said:
"A question to other Boy Scout Troop users. Would others find it useful if, on the Rank page under the Achievements tab for a scout, that merit badges that can be applied to a rank might list show a check mark for completion or a percentage completed for each merit badge? This way a scout could list the merit badges he plans to work on towards a rank and in a quick summary see what he has left to do."
Please add a comment if you have thoughts on Mike's idea. I really want to do something in this area of TT soon so now is your chance to influence where this heads.Permalink
Before we tell you what we just released, here's something important you should know:
Uploading multiple photos using Safari or Chrome on iOS is NOT working and is causing duplicates. If you attempt to upload 6 multiple photos, for example, it will simply upload the first photo you selected 6 times. Please let your users know so they can avoid frustration. We are working on a fix for this problem.
This morning we released three updates for issues reported by users:
1) If you printed a very large number of award cards you could get an error. This problem is fixed.
2) When you send event messages you can choose to send it to people with a particular RSVP status (coming, not coming, not responded, etc). If you happened to select a status that no one had chosen, the email would still go out, but only to you. We've changed it so that instead of sending a pointless email, TroopTrack tells you that no one has RSVP'd with the status you selected.
3) When you use the TurboNET roster import or TurboNET advancement report we display a list of users with no BSA ID number in TroopTrack. This list was hard to read, so we divided it into three columns for scouts, leaders, and other.
We just pushed a number of updates based on tickets submitted by users like you:
1) The "All My Requests" page now shows only open tickets by default. You can see all solved tickets by clicking on the "Solved" link in the title bar.
2) The patrols/dens/units page now includes a count of the youth in that patrol/den/unit.
3) Custom household reports will now only include households with at least one family member who is active in your organization.
4) Printed BSA advancement reports now sort the awards by the last name of the recipient instead of the first name.
5) The date a member joined a troop is now available in custom user reports.
6) Access level is now available in custom user reports.
7) There is now an option to print award cards without the dashed lines on the edges.
8) When adding custom awards there is now an option to make them repeatable.
9) Custom awards are now available to all members, not just youth.
10) The merit badge counselors (by merit badge) page now lists counselors in alphabetical order.
11) You can now translate every page in TroopTrack to nearly any language using Google Translate. There is a Google Translate widget at the bottom of every page - just click it to change the language. This is a service from Google and we can't guarantee the accuracy of the translations. I've included a screenshot of the add new scout page translated to Spanish.
Phew! Have a great weekend.